Data :: Escherichia coli (E.coli)
Creator and Maintainer:
Kenta Nakai Institue of Molecular and Cellular Biology Osaka, University 1-3 Yamada-oka, Suita 565 Japan nakai ‘@’ imcb.osaka-u.ac.jphttp://www.imcb.osaka-u.ac.jp/nakai/psort.html\
Paul Horton (paulh ‘@’ cs.berkeley.edu)
See also: yeast database
Data Set Information:
The references below describe a predecessor to this dataset and its development. They also give results (not cross-validated) for classification by a rule-based expert system with that version of the dataset.
Reference: “Expert Sytem for Predicting Protein Localization Sites in Gram-Negative Bacteria”, Kenta Nakai & Minoru Kanehisa, PROTEINS: Structure, Function, and Genetics 11:95-110, 1991.
Reference: “A Knowledge Base for Predicting Protein Localization Sites in Eukaryotic Cells”, Kenta Nakai & Minoru Kanehisa, Genomics 14:897-911, 1992.
- Sequence Name: Accession number for the SWISS-PROT database
- mcg: McGeoch’s method for signal sequence recognition.
- gvh: von Heijne’s method for signal sequence recognition.
- lip: von Heijne’s Signal Peptidase II consensus sequence score. Binary attribute.
- chg: Presence of charge on N-terminus of predicted lipoproteins. Binary attribute.
- aac: score of discriminant analysis of the amino acid content of outer membrane and periplasmic proteins.
- alm1: score of the ALOM membrane spanning region prediction program.
- alm2: score of ALOM program after excluding putative cleavable signal regions from the sequence.